Founded in 2020 as part of the American Chemistry Council, the North American Modern Building Alliance (NAMBA) is a leading voice on the safe and effective use of plastic building materials in building envelopes. We believe having an informed public and robust codes and standards are essential to supporting a multi-layered approach to building fire safety.
Our mission supports these common principles:
- Prevention. Implement proper design, construction and maintenance that complies with building codes to safeguard against the outbreak of fire and/or limit its effects.
- Detection and Communication. Limit fire effects through early detection and communication systems that alert occupants and emergency services.
- Occupant Protection. Facilitate occupant awareness, avoidance of and escape from a building fire.
- Containment or Compartmentation. Limit the spread of fire from the room or area of origin.
- Extinguishment. Implement the use of properly installed and maintained active suppression systems as well as building access for emergency services.
Ensuring the appropriate level of fire safety in buildings is the joint responsibility of the entire value chain involved in building design, manufacture and construction. We are here to help policymakers, fire safety stakeholders and the public understand the opportunities and challenges of this important topic.
Atlas Roofing Corp.
Carlisle Construction Materials
EIFS Industry Members Association
North American Flame Retardant Alliance (ACC)
Polyisocyanurate Insulation Manufacturers Association
Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (ACC)
EPS Industry Alliance
Metal Construction Association
Rmax – A Business Unit of the Sika Corporation